Boxes come as a whole or half and are based on weight. A whole box is roughly of 13.6kg (or 30lb), and a half box is a roughly 6.8 kg (or 15lb). The typical contents of a whole box is listed below. For the equivalent half beef box the selection of cuts is halved.
All our meats are locally prepared to our instruction by a skilled traditional butcher. We can modify cuts in Beef and Lamb Boxes to suit your requirements, wherever possible. Please call to discuss.
Typical whole beef box contents: (some variations to these amounts will naturally ocurr due to different sized / proportioned animals)
- 2 x 1.3-1.5kg (3–4lb) Topside joint
- 2 x 1.3-1.5kg (3–4lb) Rib joints
- 1 x 1.3-1.5kg (3–4lb) Brisket
- 3 x 500g (1lb) Minced beef
- 2 x 500g (1lb) Stewing steak
- 1 x 500g (1lb) Shin
- 1 x 500g (1lb) Skirt
- 2 x 227g (8oz) Sirloin steak
- 2 x 227g (8oz) Rump steak
- 1 x 227g (8oz) Fillet steak
For cooking we would recommend 1kg of beef would suit 4-5 portions.